Tuesday, September 22, 2026

 English style fish cakes

06/09/2025

@ 7.28am

©∞

Early, early,

The little birds wake me 

The caffeine staines take me

Into the morning

Looking for sunshine

Not even half time

Out for the morning crime

Though it is pouring

      And I mash and I peel

      And the smell is unreal

      Thirty minutes of toil

       I watch everything boil….

Turn on the heater

Whizz with the beater

Kitchen is neater

Now i’ve got this, dear,

Who’d be a woman or

Am I assuming

Somebody’s grooming

Me for this dish, here

        Boil away

        Morning play

        Rainy day

        Blue blue and blues

        Out to the compost bin

        Throw all the peelings in

        Run back inside again

        Mud on my shoes

Dream of a life of ease

Where I do as I please

Hey waiter more of these

Canapé nibbles!

But instead I must toil

Bake, wash and cook and boil

Turn the scraps into soil

Watch as she dribbles

          Balance the cheque book and

          Balance the bills

          Cry for the poisoned

          And all that she kills

What it takes 

Making cakes

          


No comments:

Post a Comment